Thursday 26 March 2009

Peter Doherty Newcastle, Brilliant Mind, And The Runwells

I have had a hectic time lately and I am still catching up on work and have loads of photographs to sort out. I was photographing on location three days last week.

Tonight I was at Newcastle Academy to see Peter Doherty who put a solid gig - it was one of the best crowd reactions I have seen at Newcastle Academy the place was bouncing. Apart from the songs from the new album which I love hearing live with the full band including strings, one of my favourite Libertines songs is Tell The King which Peter played tonight - I have also included a clip below. I did not take many photographs but I will upload some to my website and hopefully have a review and images published.
         
Adam & Drew                          Peter Doherty  Newcastle Academy 26 March 2009

A Clip of Tell The King Newcastle Academy 26 March 2009

Last Monday  went to see the first gig by Brilliant Mind who have evolved from local favourites New Vinyls - it was a  high energy set which suggests a bright future I am looking forward to seeing them again soon - for more information see:


Brilliant Mind The Cooperage Newcastle 16 March 2009

Another local band which I enjoyed were The Runwells at The Cluny last Saturday.


The Runwells The Cluny Newcastle 21 March 2009

Anyhow I have to go I need sleep - I am travelling to Edinburgh in the morning to see Peter Doherty again.

David

No comments: