Thursday 12 March 2009

Carl Barat, Spies In Limbo, And Other Stuff

This week I photographed Spies In Limbo in our photo studio which was fun but I am still sorting the images. They are a real talent and I  hope they will get a break. Check them out at www.spiesinlimbo.com.

I realised how difficult it is to photograph five people in a small space using a Colorama background. It was a good learning experience and I am sure we have some decent results.

On Saturday I photographed a friend's wedding. I have never shot a wedding before and did not realise how hard it is but my research paid off and I got all the shots my friend wanted... and then some. Wedding photography is something that previously I have no interest but now I realise how difficult it is. However,I would now consider doing more weddings in future.

Sunday was not a day of rest - it was a day to see Libertine Carl Barat at Ku Bar in Middlesbrough. The crowd had a feeling of post weekend blues but Carl did his best to lift the mood and a good time was had by all including the wanna be Penny Lane who was dancing around in a short summer dress as if she was the main attraction. I noticed she was thrown out of Carl's dressing room in double quick time.

My review of the gig is on GLONO here:




Since my last blog entry the fifth anniversary of The Libertines ending their last UK tour the last night was of the tour 7 March 2004 some photographs are below:
     
The 5th March saw the 27 years since John Belushi's passing sadly missed and his work still makes me laugh.





Until next time

David




No comments: